Ciao Creek Street, Cibo Espresso has arrived
Italian espresso bar Cibo Espresso will open tomorrow at 88 Creek Street, Brisbane.
120 square metres in size with seating for 80 people, the fit-out is modern Italian in style, complete al fresco outdoor dining area opening out to the CBD’s laneways. Fixtures and fittings from fridges to floor tiles are imported from Italy and the La Marzocco Linea coffee machine is handmade in Florence.
Cibo co-founder Roberto Cardone says Creek Street signals an important milestone for Cibo as the first central business district site in Brisbane.
“Cibo always seeks out hallmark sites for our stores, and Creek Street easily fits into this category.
“Not only is the site suited to Cibo’s style, but the strong professional customer base works for us. Generally our city customers are discerning, they demand delicious food and great coffee.
“Cibo’s coffee is blended and roasted to our own recipe, and our baristas are trained so they pour a perfect coffee every time,” he said.
Launching with its winter menu, Brisbane locals can taste:
- Ciambella (half croissant, half doughnut filled will lemon custard)
- Spinaci piadina (sautéed spinach, smoked mozzarella and chili-infused olive oil)
- Al tonno focacce (tuna, green olives, tomato, red onion and basil)
- Ripiena quattro stagioni (pizza slice with tomato, ham, artichoke, mushrooms and olives)
- Zuppa di cavolfiore e tartufo (cauliflower and truffle soup served with a slice of toasted sourdough)
- Torte di amarena (sour cherry and almond tart)
- Macaron frutta della passion (passionfruit macaron filled with white chocolate granche)
This is Cibo’s third espresso bar in Brisbane. Cibo will open Waymouth Street, Adelaide and the first site in Melbourne later this year.
Cibo Espresso 88 Creek Street Brisbane 4000
Phone: (07) 3221-8753